- Community Schools
It has been our intention to return to some form of in-person learning as soon as it was determined by our health departments that it is both safer and feasible to do so. On September 21, during our virtual town hall with county health department officials, we reviewed the current coronavirus data for our community. To this end, our county health agency partners have made the recommendation that it is now appropriate for us to return to a hybrid learning model. Click here to watch the virtual town hall discussion about the data guiding our decisions and current levels in our community. Beginning Monday, October 5, we will be implementing a hybrid in-person learning schedule for all students who are not currently enrolled in the LaunchED program. LaunchED student’s schedules will not be impacted by this change.
Cómo usted sabe, nuestra intención ha sido volver a alguna forma de aprendizaje en persona tan pronto cómo nuestros departamentos de salud determinen que es más seguro y factible hacerlo. Anoche, durante nuestra junta virtual con los funcionarios del departamento de salud del condado, revisamos los datos actuales del coronavirus para nuestra comunidad. Con esto, nuestros asociados de las agencias de salud pública del condado han recomendado que ahora es apropiado que regresemos a un modelo de aprendizaje híbrido. Haga clic aquí para ver la discusión de la junta virtual sobre los datos que guían nuestras decisiones y los niveles actuales en nuestra comunidad. Comenzando el lunes 5 de octubre, estaremos implementando un programa de aprendizaje híbrido en persona para todos los estudiantes que no estén inscritos actualmente en el programa LaunchED. Los horarios de estudiantes LaunchED no serán impactados por este cambio.
We have a wonderful school community, and we want our students, parents, and teachers to feel safe moving around our building before and after school. Please follow the guidelines below to keep our community safe.
· Staff supervision of students does not begin until 8:15am. Please do not drop your students off at school prior to that time.
· Walk your student to the nearest crosswalk instead of crossing in the middle of the street if you have to park your car on the east side of Baker at drop off or pick up.
· See the Columbine parking map for information about where to park. Do not park or stop your car in the driving lanes of the road. These lanes must remain clear at all times.
· Keep the bus lane on 6th Ave. clear for the arrival and departure of our bus.
· Encourage your students to lock their bikes when they arrive to school to discourage theft.
· The weather changes quickly. If temperatures are above 20 degrees with no rain or snow, students will be going outside for recess. Please send your student to school with appropriate clothing for the cold temperatures.
Your efforts in keeping our students safe makes a positive impact on our entire school community… thank you for all that you do to support our students, parents, and staff.
Columbine Parking Map and Hug & Go Lane:
Walking & Biking to School: