Columbine Elementary offers a highly rigorous, state-of-the-art STEM curriculum that is igniting a passion for rewarding careers, while providing students the skills to succeed in advanced education and a fast changing and highly competitive global economy.
Elementary STEM Education
- Explore and introduce foundational STEM experiences that enhance student interest in real-world learning
- Introduce students to a variety of STEM careers and fields
- Provide a teaching and learning environment in which content and skills of STEM are integrated using the Colorado Academic Standards
- Incorporate the design thinking process, a strategy for integrating problem solving, into classrooms, schools and the workplace
- Provide STEM programming in a variety of settings, along with extended learning opportunities